Board the barrier free main decks of a Star Line Hydro-Jet ferry or one of our NEW Classic ferries and enjoy a panoramic view of the Straits that includes the Mackinac Bridge. Sit back, relax and enjoy the area’s scenic beauty from the comfort of our glass enclosed cabins or our open air observation decks. Watch as Star Line’s Hydro-Jets produce their distinctive 35′ rooster tail spray!
Our Mack Pass Package is a great value that includes:
- Round Trip Ferry Ticket
- 1 1/2 hr Narrated Carriage Tour
- Entrance into Historic Fort Mackinac
Mackinac Island Carriage Tour
Your 1 1/2 hour narrated carriage tour begins downtown, right in the heart of Mackinac Island plus makes stops at:
- Surrey Hills Museum – enjoy a leisurely visit through the museum displaying historical carriages and browse on-site gift shops. Your tour will resume aboard their open 3-horse carriage.
- Arch Rock is your next stop for an approximately 5 minute viewing and picture taking adventure of one of Mackinac Island’s most famous rock formations.
- Fort Mackinac Avenue of Flags – Spend as much time as you wish enjoying historic Fort Mackinac. As passengers depart arriving carriages, you may re-board as space is available to continue your island tour.
- Return to Surrey Hills Museum and board one of the 2-horse carriages to venture back downtown or end at Grand Hotel.
Self Guided Tour – You can spend all day or just an hour. Fort Mackinac has live reenactments every 45 minutes in the peak of summer.
Constructed by the British during the American Revolution, Fort Mackinac served as an imposing sentinel in the Straits of Mackinac for 115 years. Within its 14 original buildings, you’ll enjoy informative and interactive exhibits, a children’s play area, and a Victorian-themed museum store. Outside, our 1880’s soldier interpreters play concerts of military music, fire rifles on the parade ground, and deliver a cannon salute over the harbor.