“Argh, Me Hearties!”
For the First-Time Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry
To Take Passengers to Mackinac Island on Good Fortune Pirate Ship
in Addition to Daily Ferry Trips; New Ferry Tracker App and Tesla Charging Station Unveiled.
Great Lakes excursions and five daily trips to Mackinac Island on Good Fortune announced;
Star Line unveils COVID-19 summer sanitation plan for all boats
Mackinaw City, Michigan (June 3, 2020) – Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry, a Mackinaw City, Mich. based ferry boat company serving Mackinac Island from St. Ignace and Mackinaw City, Mich., has announced new family-friendly Mackinac Pirate Adventure Tour excursions to Mackinac Island on their pirate ship Good Fortune beginning June 19th, just in time for the 2020 summer season. Known for its high-speed hydro-jet rooster tail boats, Star Line‘s family-friendly pirate ship Good Fortune will take passengers to Mackinac Island from Mackinaw City five times daily during peak season and a special nightly cruise will sail under the Mackinac Bridge in the evening for all ages. The Mackinac Pirate Adventure Tour with the Good Fortune pirate ship will feature water cannons for the kids as well as a bar for nightly cruises.
Star Line will kick-off the season with special events and giveaways online including a Pirate Festival via their website and social media channels, Facebook and Instagram. Evening cruises will run daily and begin at 6:00 p.m. starting June 19 and will run through August 20. As the days become shorter, these evening cruises will begin at 5:00 p.m. starting August 21 and will run through September 6. In addition, a new ferry tracker app which uses artificial intelligence (AI) technology to predict when your boat will arrive in real time by using GPS on all Star Line boats, is now available for iOS, Android, or PC download. Also, a new Tesla Super Charge Station, based on the fastest Level 3 electric car charging technology has been added at the end of the dock in Mackinaw City with Tesla destination chargers also available at Star Line’s St. Ignace dock. For Star Line’s Good Fortune pirate ship photos click here; for pirate ship and Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-jet® Ferry schedules, click here.
Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry will also feature:
- The mackPASS will offer visitors an easy-to-plan visit to the Island and includes a discounted roundtrip ferry ticket, a 1.5 hour narrated carriage tour, and entrance to the historic Fort Mackinac and other area attractions
- Classic ferry boats will continue to ferry passengers to the Mackinac Island at a budget conscious price
- Passengers have more ticket options to customize their trip to Mackinac Island with, like the classicPASS, flexPASS, fastPASS, mackPASS and piratePASS
- Antique Bike and Boat motor museum located in the Ship Store – a boutique store on the main dock at Mackinac Island features Star Line merchandise, apparel, gifts and collectibles
- Star Line will again feature the only catamaran with the fastest and smoothest ride of any ferry service to Mackinac Island
About Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry
St. Ignace, Mich. based Star Line Mackinac Island Hydro-Jet® Ferry and its acquired lines of ferries began serving Mackinac Island in 1878 and has since been ferrying families and islanders from Mackinaw City and St. Ignace to Mackinac Island. The company is best known for their high-speed hydro-jet rooster tail boats, family-friendly atmosphere, most frequent number of trips to and from Mackinac Island and underneath the Mackinac Bridge. In addition to five classic ferries, Star Line’s ferry boats include the Mackinac Express catamaran, Marquette II, Radisson, Cadillac, Joliet, LaSalle, and Anna May and their newest addition the pirate ship Good Fortune.